The purpose of this blog is to happily share my learning and ideas to help people, who actively seek solutions for the day-to-day problems faced.

Recent Posts

How I made 22% profit in less than 6 months

Asset: Equity -> Index Fund -> Nasdaq 100 (N100)
Strategy: Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
Entry: Investing fixed amount of money every month into Nasdaq 100 Index
Target: Book Profit at 22%
Exit: No Exit Criteria

Details:
As you all know,  I have a goal in place and my portfolio is well diversified into,
  • Equity
  • Fixed Income
  • Commodity
  • Cash
I used to invest in this assets every month via SIP with full discipline. Also during my investment journey I have created my very own strategy based on  my goal and risk apetite (related mostly with individual mindset) and as per my strategy I continue my investment regularly and book profit when my expected target is reached. Like most of us, I have also often confused on when to book profit and I started to explore on it. 

Warren Buffett likes to hold onto a company/stock forever, he is altogether a master in his game and he plays it very well. 

Each of them have their unique opinion about selling.

Keeping all this in mind, I have formed an unique strategy for my investment journey.
In my case, I used to set a fixed target for each assets and whenever the expected target reaches, I sell my total investments and re-invest the profit earned into a separate account and continue to start my regular investment as usual. By this way I let my profit to grow as long as it can - Compounding

Also I ensure I saved my capital invested by selling the total investment and from next month onwards I continue my regular investment amount plus the preserved older capital as well. I followed the same for Nasdaq 100

Nasdaq 100:

I started my SIP from Jan 2020 and continue every month, since the returns started to increase and it reaches my target of 22.82% which is its historical CAGR for the last 10 years and I sold it on 7th July 2020 as shown below,

Nasdaq 100

But one problem with N100 ETF is it's not highly liquid, I often find only less volume of transaction happening so which is something to keep in mind during the investment journey.

I have re-invested my profit booked and will continue my SIP going forward. Peace

No comments